Yes, you read that right.
Hot dogs in the slow cooker. Sigh. Do we really need it?
Do we really want it?
Well actually, I found a couple of reasons this might be a good idea.
Why You Should Slow Cook Your Hot Dogs
- It is your kid’s Birthday Party and you have 10+ mouths to feed. You are pretty sure Shirley over there is having more than one hot dog, so best to make extra.
- It is summer and its 35C outside. You don’t want to turn on the oven. You don’t even want to turn on the stove.
- If you ever thought “I should surprise myself and see how lazy I can get” then slowcooker hot dogs are for you.
Slow Cooker (Crockpot) Hot Dogs
- 1 slow cooker or Instant Pot
- 1 pack raw hot dogs
- Plug in your slowcooker and pour in a bag of hot dogs.
- Set your slowcooker to LOW for 2-3 hours. Stir every hour to check on it.
- That's basically it. Keep warm until you're ready.
A Note About Instant Pot Slow Cooker Settings
There are three settings for temperature: Less, Normal, More.
Less = warm
Normal = low
More = high
Just a head’s up on that bit. 😉