Pizzas are a great way to use up leftover ingredients and satisfy your craving just the way you want it!
BBQ Chicken Pizza
A fantastic BBQ chicken pizza to make at home. Use leftover cooked chicken to speed up the time even more!
- 1 Oven
- 1 Baking Sheet
- 1 recipe pizza dough Can use premade crusts, or see my recipe for an option ready in 1 hour!
- 1.5 cups cooked, leftover chicken breast
- 1/4 cup pineapple tidbits, drained Freeze leftovers in a sandwich bag and thaw chunks as needed for more pizza! Squeeze out the juice to avoid a soggy pizza. Can keep some juice to add to the pizza sauce, if desired.
- 2-3 slices honey ham optional – just had leftover sandwich meat in the fridge
- 1/4 whole red onion, diced
- 1 can pizza sauce
- 5 tbsp BBQ sauce
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese to taste
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese to taste
- 1 tbsp corn meal
- Preheat oven to 450F and sprinkle corn meal onto the baking sheet.
- Roll out your pizza dough to fit your baking sheet. Place on the baking sheet and poke with a fork all over. This helps avoid air bubbles from ballooning your pizza.
- Mix pizza sauce with about 1 tbsp of BBQ sauce. Can add a tsp or so of pineapple juice from the can if you'd like. Adjust the amount of BBQ sauce until it tastes good, then spread it over the dough.
- Mix the rest of the BBQ sauce with the precooked chicken.
- Spread ingredients over dough evenly, and finish off with both types of cheese.
- Bake for about 10 minutes until cheese is melted and just barely browned.
- Slice into about 6 pieces and enjoy!
- Leftover chicken is your friend. For this one, I cooked 2 chicken breasts in my instant pot the day before to use for this and a different recipe. Once cooled, I shredded it into bite size pieces and popped it in the fridge. Rotisserie chicken works great here, too.
- Maple honey ham is what I used in this recipe, but any other type of ham would work well. If you don’t like ham, don’t include it!
- This recipe is also great with diced green peppers or sliced mushrooms.